Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program 2021 for Visual Arts
Presentation(exhibition, performance, and open studio)Available
Grants and subsidies for travel expensesAvailable
Grants and other financial supports/ Support by coordinators and art professionalsAvailable
Art genresVisual arts/ Fine arts , Craft / Applied arts , Film / Video
|Application period||Mar. 20, 2020 (Fri.) - Jun. 30, 2020 (Tue.)|
|Description||Kyoto Art Center (KAC) aims to be not only a venue for exchange and mutual stimulus among artists, but also for citizens to experience the abundance of arts. This program supports creative activities of artists and art researchers who aim to explore new artistic expression in their encounter with Japanese culture. Participants engage in production, research and study
in KAC during the residency.
We switch between hosting performing arts artist and visual artist every year. In 2021, the program is open for visual artists and researchers. We welcome artists who explore the new form of expression in their own genre, or across genres. We are particularly interested in enthusiastic artists who can stimulate the creativity of Kyoto citizens.
|Residency period||Maximum three months during the period of April 1st [Thu], 2021 to March 31st [Thu], 2022|
|Qualification||• Emerging artists and art researchers based on visual arts, who have clear motivation to work and research in Kyoto.
*Applications by writers and cross-media artists are welcome every year.
• Applicants must:
- organize a public program for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- communicate in English or Japanese.
|Pay by artists / Support for artists||• Accommodations during the residency period. [Maximum 3 months]
• A studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport
• Production and research fee: JPY100,000 (including tax) - for an individual or a group (not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinators.
|Selection process||How to Apply
• Please send us a filled out application form in English or Japanese via E-mail.
• Mailing address is email@example.com and please write “Application for AIR2021” in the subject line.
• Applicants should write URL of uploaded video or visual documentation (maximum three
works/projects) in their application forms, and the documentation must be able to be seen online (download URLs are not accepted).
• Please do not directly attach the image and video files on your E-mail.
• Researchers must attach thesis or written works.
• The letters on application forms must be typed by using computers or clearly hand-written. Incomplete application will not be reviewed.
A screening committee consisting of arts professionals carefully reviews and evaluates applications. The result will be informed to all applicants by the end of October 2020.
Any enquiries for selection will not be answered.
|Inquiry||Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program
546-2 Yamabushiyama-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8156 JAPAN
TEL: +81- (0)75-213-1000 / FAX: +81-(0)75-213-1004
WEB: http://www.kac.or.jp/ E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
•Opening hours: 10:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
*The center may temporarily close for a regular check of equipment.
|Notes||• Artist fee and living expenses are not covered.
• Participants have to arrange their own delivery of materials required for production of works,
rehearsals and researches.
• Participants must submit a report at the end of the program.
• Please inform beforehand if you bring your assistants or family. Any supports indicated in this
guideline are only applied to the participants of the program.
• Participants are responsible for any unexpected accidents or sickness. Subscribing in travel
insurance is strongly recommended