Awaji Art Circus 2020
Presentation(exhibition, performance, and open studio)Available
Grants and subsidies for travel expensesAvailable
Grants and other financial supports/ Support by coordinators and art professionalsAvailable
Art genresPerforming arts
|Application period||Feb. 25, 2020 (Tue.) - Apr. 19, 2020 (Sun.)|
|Description||We ask all of you, talented international artists from around the world to:
- Stay in Awaji Island and entertain visitors with your performance at various locations on the island; as well as
- Experience and enjoy the appeals of Awaji Island and be the messenger as you spread the word about the island through SNS etc.
|Residency period||September 16 (Wed) -
October 27 (Tue), 2020
|Qualification||-Open to artists of all performing arts genres such as: street performance, bodily expression, musical instrument performance, singing, live painting, dance, different circus disciplines (except all aerials acts, work with Chinese pole, tightrope walking, teeterboard, work with fire, performances which require perfectly flat surface) etc. Artists who are willing to break the barriers of existing genres as well as artists with interactive performance are welcome.
-Non-Japanese citizens only.
-Open to all artists over 18 years old.
-Both professionals/amateurs are eligible.
-Groups (participating member shall be 3 maximum) and individuals are both welcome.
-Artists who can adjust their performance to suit any performance venue.
|Pay by artists / Support for artists||- Prize Money for Contest Winner: 300,000 JPY
- Performance fee: 120,000 JPY for the whole period (the sum will be divided and paid in cash in JPY at the beginning and at the end of the period). This is the sum per person in case of a group.
- Busking opportunity (except some venues and events which will be announced by the Organizer)
- Transportation cost. We will cover your two-way economy class air ticket from your nearest airport to Kansai International Airport.
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner will be provided by the Organizer. In addition, all artists will be given 500 JPY/per day in cash as Lunch costs.
- Accommodation. Rooms for 3-4 people
- Support staff
- Traveler’s insurance
|Selection process||Project team members
(5 people) will screen all applications and check the videos (FIRST STEP), as well as have online interview with the successful applicants of the FIRST STEP - SECOND STEP.
|Inquiry||Awaji Art Circus Executive Committee
Eshimakan 924-1 Iwaya, Awaji, Hyogo